Expanded Function Dental Assistant
Opening no longer active.
The Expanded Function Dental Assistant is to provide support for the clinical staff and to ensure that ImmediaDent’s patients have a pleasant experience. This position will provide outstanding service to our Patients while maintaining an efficient and effective flow of the Back Office.
- Prepare and breakdown operatory and equipment prior to and between each patient visit.
- Review dental records with patients, providing instruction on postoperative and general oral healthcare.
- Suggestively sell treatment plans to patients based on individual needs and encourage follow-up visits with ImmediaDent practitioners.
- Provide technical assistance during dental procedures and examinations, including application of topical anesthetic and desensitizing agents, removal of sutures and post-extraction and periodontal dressings, polish amalgam restorations, and other duties assigned by dentist.
- Chart, take, and develop x-rays.
- Maintain responsibility for the accuracy and confidentiality of patients’ electronic and paper records.
- Keep supplies stocked and organized in clinic cabinets; order supplies as needed while following budgetary guidelines as outlined by Practice Manager and Operations Support Manager.
- Ensure comfort and cleanliness of back office areas.
- Foster team spirit by actively participating and contributing to daily huddles and team meetings.
- Support Practice Manager and clinical team with assigned tasks.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- One (1) year experience in a dental environment as an Expanded Function Dental Assistant
- Current EFDA Certification as per State Dental Board in respective state
- Current X-Ray (Radiology) Certification as per State Dental Board in respective state
- Self-motivated with the willingness to exceed patient expectations
- Demonstrated adaptability and flexibility with changes in workload
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment while maintaining a positive attitude
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strict adherence to policies and regulations relating to OSHA, CDC, and HIPAA
- Previous experience using computers (Word, Excel, and Dentisoft software is a plus)
- Must be willing to work flexible shifts including some weekends
Additional openings in Columbus, OH for this job description: