Opening no longer active.
The Patient Coordinator is the primary person responsible for providing exceptional patient care and ensuring optimal operational flow. The Patient Coordinator will welcome patients into the practice, schedule patients, verify and submit insurance, and work with the patients through options to ensure they can receive prescribed treatment plans. The incumbent reports to the Area Manager and will have 2-5 years customer service experience. This is a non-exempt position.
- Deliver exceptional customer service to ImmediaDent patients while maintaining efficient flow of practice operations.
- Discuss treatment plans with patients and work through financial arrangements to ensure they can get the treatment they need.
- Schedule follow-up visits with ImmediaDent practitioners.
- Maintain responsibility for the accuracy and confidentiality of patients’ electronic and paper records.
- Schedule patients according to prescribed protocol, balancing walk-in patients and those with appointments, keeping operational capacity in mind.
- Verify patient level of insurance coverage, assist patients in determining payment options, and prepare claims for insured patients.
- Collect and post patient payments and ensure strict adherence to cash management procedures.
- Ensure comfort and cleanliness of reception and office areas.
- Foster team spirit by actively participating and contributing to daily huddles and team meetings.
- Support Practice Manager/Area Manager and clinical team with assigned tasks.
- 2-5 years proven exceptional customer service experience
- High School Diploma/GED required
- Some college coursework preferred
- Self-motivated with the willingness to exceed patient expectations
- Demonstrated adaptability and flexibility with changes in workload
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment while maintaining a positive attitude
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Previous experience using computers (Word, Excel, and dental software is a plus)
- Must be willing to work flexible shifts including weekends