$1000 Signing Bonus EDDA
Opening no longer active.
The Expanded Duty Dental Assistant plays a vital role within the ImmediaDent team. The Expanded Duty Dental Assistant performs clinical and technical procedures under the supervision of a licensed dentist. This position is responsible for maintaining an efficient and effective flow of activity through the back office, as well as providing support to the Practice Manager and clinical team on a variety of tasks.
- Prepare and breakdown operatory and equipment prior to and between each patient visit.
- Review dental records with patients, providing instruction on postoperative and general oral healthcare.
- Suggestively sell treatment plans to patients based on individual needs and encourage follow-up visits with ImmediaDent practitioners.
- Provide technical assistance during dental procedures and examinations, including application of topical anesthetic and desensitizing agents, removal of sutures and post-extraction and periodontal dressings, polish amalgam restorations, and other duties assigned by dentist.
- Chart, take, and develop x-rays.
- Maintain responsibility for the accuracy and confidentiality of patients’ electronic and paper records.
- Keep supplies stocked and organized in clinic cabinets; order supplies as needed while following budgetary guidelines as outlined by Practice Manager and Operations Support Manager.
- Ensure comfort and cleanliness of back office areas.
- Foster team spirit by actively participating and contributing to daily huddles and team meetings.
- Support Practice Manager and clinical team with assigned tasks.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- One (1) year experience in a dental environment as an Expanded Duty Dental Assistant
- Current EDDA Certification as per State Dental Board in respective state
- Current X-Ray (Radiology) Certification as per State Dental Board in respective state
- Self-motivated with the willingness to exceed patient expectations
- Demonstrated adaptability and flexibility with changes in workload
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment while maintaining a positive attitude
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strict adherence to policies and regulations relating to OSHA, CDC, and HIPAA
- Previous experience using computers (Word, Excel, and Dentisoft software is a plus)
- Must be willing to work flexible shifts including some weekends